UFO Sunday

On the Design Wall
I started this quilt while we were still living in New Zealand in December 2007.

I bought a swift quilter quilting frame and after completing 3 smallish quilts, thought I should give this king size quilt a whirl. I don't know I was thinking.

Ugly stitches
I did a pantograph in the border and moved onto the flowers which I tried to echo quilt in a clear thread. This didn't work out too well. I just lacked the skill to FMQ on the frame and couldn't get it right.
So I decided to unpick the clear thread and echo quilt by hand. Again what was I thinking.
I have been working on this quilt on and off for 5 years and dragged it all the way from NZ to South Africa.

After following Leah Day's Free Motion quilt along, various other blog tutorials and craftsy classes,  I feel I have the confidence to get this quilt done. 
I only have 4 more blocks to hand quilt and plan to FMQ the border, just not sure what to do in that space. Taking a page from Leah's book of single focus and cheetah speed maybe even to get it done by end of November.



Comments

  1. It's going to be lovely when it is done - good job! I like the pattern. What is it or did you make it up?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a pattern I bought from a New Zealand website. I thought it would be good project to use up the fabrics I had dyed.

      Delete
  2. What a large project! And it shows determination to stay with it - it's gorgeous! Post it when it's done!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts