Arm knitted cowl


I have been fascinated with with arm knitting but just haven't had a chance to try it out. Trying to find the right wool for the project was also a small stumbling block. Working full time doesn't give me too much time to trawl wool shops.
We had out quarterly quilting meeting on 2nd August and can you believe it one of my favorite shops Stitch 'n stuff was selling XL chunky wool which turned out to be perfect for this kind of thing. 



This ball of wool is 200 grams and I used 2 threads to knit up my cowl. 
I cast on 12 stitches and arm knitted until I got to the end of the ball leaving enough to cast off and sewing up the end. It took me a little over half an hour as I pulled out the first batch of knitting. I wasn't happy with the tension, it was too loose so started over. Very pleased with the result so will wear for work tomorrow.  Now that's my kind of project. 



what it looks like on.




Comments

Popular Posts