Allietare a Bonnie Hunter Quilt

This is a mystery quilt from 2015. These are really fun to do and participate in. There is so much hype around them, especially on the Facebook page.
Every year on Black Friday Bonnie Hunter releases the first clue to her yearly mystery quilt. They are inspired by her travels and she creates the most beautiful designs that leave you gob smacked when you see the final reveal, usually around Christmas/New year.

I haven't participated for the last 2 as work and life at this time of year usually leaves me frazzled. I am still busy on the one from 2016. I will push to complete it and if I get close to being done I might participate. I just the colours this year.
Below is the link to the latest mystery.

https://quiltville.blogspot.com/2019/10/frolic-quiltville-winter-mystery-intro.html


As I wanted to practice my quilting using rulers I custom quilted this.
I really should have done an overall as the quilt is quite busy and the pieces small so it took some time to complete. I have only recently started timing myself  to see how long everything takes. Especially if I quilt for others.

Overall was quite pleased with the way the quilting came out. I gifted this quilt to Ronnie & Christina Cawood. They were the ministers that at Wynberg Methodist Church when I was in my late teens. They were close to our family and extended family. We have called on them over the years for baptism, weddings and funerals. Ronnie is an inspiration, is always positive and upbeat whenever you see him.
I feel blessed to know them and wanted to give them something to show my gratitude. . They have moved to Stillbaai a quiet little village along the coast so thought a quilt would be a great house warming. This is the joy of quilting, when you give a quilt away you are giving a unique part of yourself.

Comments

Popular Posts