My first Quilts on the frame

In April 2018 I got my my first quilts on the frame. There were 2 that I had in my UFO pile that were ideal candidates. I was happy to use these to practice on and wasn't too fussed on how they would come out.

I used this one to practice a variety of different fills. It was fantastic to have a larger throat space to quilt in, you can get so much more done. I did a different fill in each area of white. It was a challenge working the design on an angle but fantastic practice.
This quilt I started and finished as Goedgedacht. A quilt retreat that is organised twice a year. You sew all weekend long, so you get so much done! I am sorry I didn't take more photos of this quilt and it's detail.
My first attempt as ruler work. I used the Handiquilter versa tool. I gifted this quilt to my cousin, Jason and his wife Taryn for the arrival of their first son Oliver.

Quite impressed with this little ruler. Fits nicely in your hand.

#tracybouras


Comments

Popular Posts